PARAMARIBO, Suriname, CMC – The Public Prosecution Service (OM) says the cargo of more that 1,000 kilos of cocaine intercepted in Jamaica earlier this month did not come from Suriname.
The OM was responding to media reports of the January 14 bust at the Bustamante port in Kingston that the cargo of illegal drugs may have come from Suriname with China as its final destination.
But the OM said that through the Judicial Intervention Team (JIT), the Public Prosecution Service made inquiries with the police, customs, and the military intelligence service of Jamaica, and it is clear that the drugs did not come from Suriname.
Jamaican authorities had confirmed that a shipment of 1,549 kilos of drugs had been intercepted at Bustamente port in Kingston. The drug container was on CMA CGM VERACRUZ from Cartagena, Colombia.
The JIT said that the container ship CMA CGM VERACRUZ is too big for Surinamese waters, which is why it can “indicate with certainty that the ship and the drugs did not originate from Suriname.”


















































and then