BAHAMAS-The Bahamas gives green light for SpaceX resumption.

0
16

NASSAU, Bahamas, CMC – The Civil Aviation Authority of The Bahamas (CAAB) said Tuesday it had approved the private American aerospace and artificial intelligence company, SpaceX, to resume landing Falcon 9 rockets in The Bahamas.

In a statement, CAAB said that one landing is scheduled for Wednesday night between 5.00 and 9.30 (local time).

“All requisite regulatory and environmental reviews and clearances have been completed in accordance with established aerospace safety and operations protocols,” CAAB said, reminding the population that, depending on weather and atmospheric conditions, one or more sound booms may be heard during the landing sequence.

“The intensity and extent of these effects will vary based on environmental factors at this time of re-entry,” CAAB added,

Wednesday marks the anniversary of Falcon 9’s successful test landing in the Exuma Sound last year. Last March, another of SpaceX’s projects – Starship – disintegrated over the Bahamas during a test flight.

The failure of Starship’s test flight prompted Bahamian authorities to stop all SpaceX landings so that more environmental studies could be done to ensure their work in The Bahamas would not be hazardous to marine or terrestrial life.

SpaceX hoped to land 20 Falcon 9 rockets in The Bahamas last year, but only completed its test landing before the programme was halted to allow environmental work.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here